- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (omit if not preferred)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 1 bag frozen deveined, cook shrimp (tail on or off)
- Prepare penne to package directions. Create sauce while pasta is cooking
- Melt all the butter in a pan over low heat. Watch and stir so it does not brown
- Once the butter is melted, add the garlic. Cook for about 1 minute
- Add shrimp, salt and pepper, and lemon juice.
- When shrimp is cooked, transfer the pasta from the pot directly into the pan using a slotted spoon. The starchy pasta water is incorporated into the sauce.
- Add red pepper and parsley and toss until well mixed.
- Serve with grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- I love how quick and easy shrimp is, but this sauce is wonderful with chicken, vegetables like broccoli or spinach, or just by itself!