- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare penne to package directions
- Add olive oil to a sauté pan over low heat. Add onions
- Once onions have softened, add garlic, herbs and salt and pepper. Sauté for about 1 minute while stirring
- Add marinara next and stir. Then add milk and parmesan cheese.
- Heat until sauce is gently bubbling.
- Serve over pasta and top with grated or shredded Parmesan cheese.