- 2 pounds potatoes – Sliced 1/8 thick ½ cup white vinegar
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Kosher Salt and Pepper
- Using a mandoline, slice potatoes to 1/8 inch thick
- Place cut potatoes in a large container and cover with cold water.
- Stir the potatoes and drain the water from the bowl. Do this several times or until the water is clear (may take 3-4 times).
- When finished draining, add vinegar and enough water to cover the potatoes (about 6-8 cups). Sit potatoes aside.
- Heat oil over medium high heat to 300 degrees in large pot.
- Drain potatoes and pat dry. Work in batches and cook potatoes turning occasionally until brown and crisp – about 5-10 minutes.
- Transfer to a paper towel or rack and season with salt and pepper.
- Return oil to 300 degrees before frying the next batch. Make them ahead and keep them at room temperature.