1 pound Shrimp – thawed in the fridge for two days
2 quarts cold water
2 carrots – large dice
2 stalks celery – large dice
1 onion – quartered
2 cloves garlic – smashed
1 lemon – cut in half
1 bunch fresh parsley
1 bunch fresh thyme
2 bay leaves
1 cup Heinz ketchup
1 lemon – zest and juice
1-2 Tablespoon horseradish (depends on your taste)
Couple dashes of hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce to taste
- Pour the water, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, lemon, parsley, thyme, and bay leaves into a large stock pot and bring to a boil.
- Lower temp to simmer and let cook for 20 minutes.
- While the liquid is boiling on the stove, rinse the shrimp with cold water and let drain.
- Place the shrimp in the liquid and turn off the heat.
- Cook the shrimp, stirring occasionally until they begin to curl and turn pink, about 3-5 minutes.
- Drain and cool the shrimp until they are cool enough to handle. Peel the shrimp and remove the vein. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Mix ketchup, lemon juice, lemon zest, horseradish, and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl.
- Serve the shrimp with cocktail sauce.